ETSF Workshop 2015 :: Info and details
The workshop takes place at the École Polytechnique in Palaiseau. It will start on Monday 14 at lunch time and finish on Wednesday 16 afternoon. An extra day (Thursday 17) is considered for extra discussions among the participants. More precisely the workshop will be held in the Executive dining room (Salle à manger des Cadres).
- Get together :: Monday 14 at 12:00 (just before lunch) at the Executive dining room.
- Welcome Cocktail :: Monday 14 at 19:00 at the Chateau in Gif-sur-Yvette (close to the
guesthouse where you're staying)
- Social Dinner :: Tuesday 15 at 20:00 at "La Grange de la Vallée" in Palaiseau (instructions will be given in due course)
Reaching the Workshop place
The Ecole Polytechnique can easily be reached with the RER B. You can either:
- Get off at Lozère
- Take the Sentier de l'Ecole Polytechnique and walk up to the campus (5 minutes for trained walkers, 15 min for old folks :-).
- Follow the map below.
- Get off at Massy-Palaiseau
- Take one of the TransEssonne Buses (91-06b, 91-06c, 91-10) and get off at Thales stop (8 minutes).
- Follow the map below.
To reach the Ecole Polytechnique from:
- Charles de Gaulle Airport
- Take the RER B direction St. Rémy-lès Chevreuse, get off at Lozère or Massy-Palaiseau (this takes about an hour).
- Orly Airport
- Take the Orlyval to Antony (about 10 minutes).
- Take the RER B direction St. Rémy-lès Chevreuse, leave at Lozère or Massy-Palaiseau (15 minutes).
- A train station in Paris
- Take the Metro to reach a correspondence with RER B.
- Take the RER B direction St. Remy-les Chevreuse, get off at Lozere or Massy-Palaiseau (about half an hour).
- The CNRS Castle in Gif
- Take the RER B in Gif-sur-Yvette (Direction Paris) and: i) either get off in Lozere (and go up the steps as explained above); ii) or in Massy (and take the bus as explained above).
- Attention: Depending on the time of the day, it is possible that trains stoppping in Gif will not stop in Lozere (but they will in Massy). If you absolutely want to take the steps in Lozere, you might want to take the train up to Orsay, switch platform and take the train that stops in Lozere.
You could also reach us by car:
- From Paris Porte d'Orléans or Porte d'Italie: take the highway A10, direction Bordeaux/Nantes
- From Paris Porte de St Cloud/Pont de Sèvres: take the N118, direction Bordeaux/Nantes
Reaching the Chateau in Gif-sur-Yvette
Follow the same instructions as above (take the RER B, etc.), but stop in Gif-sur-Yvette.
The CNRS Castle and Guesthouse (where you are going to stay) is a 15 minutes walking distance. Due to security reasons, the castle domain and the guesthouse are locked behind a gate. If you arrive to the central entrance (entree du CNRS, see map below) on Sunday, the guardian will let you in. He will be in the little guardian house on the left side of the central entrance. Either you will
see him, or you can ring the bell. Once you are in, you have to go to the "centre de formation, batiment 31" (see again attached map) where the rooms are. This is just a few minutes walking distance from the central entrance. Also the batiment 31 will be closed and there is a guardian. In case he is on an inspection tour, you will find his phone number on the door, but usually he is close to the entrance.
On Monday evening we will have the welcome Cocktail directly at the Château. A bus is available at 8:30 every morning (except Monday) at the Guesthouse to bring you here at Polytechnique. Don't miss it.
- European Theoretical Spectroscopy Facility
- University of Milan (Dipartimento di Fisica)